August 13

It's Friday, the 13th, but a good day!     I spent the day with my friend, Brenda at Goods' Furniture in Kewanee and this is quite the experiece.    Been several years since I was there, but it is huge and sooo much to see.    I'm shopping for family room furniture - getting some ideas with this new remodel project coming up.   Along with Brenda (a TRUE shopaholic) and Susie, the sales person, I came away with some neat ideas swirling around in the ole brain.   We had a delicious lunch at the Rathskeller (in Goods' basement)

So, while I was checking out sofas, sectionals, chairs, ottomans, tables, etc., etc., Mark was happy that Brenda went with me to do this initial run of seeing what's out there (shopping is NOT his thing) and he was a happy camper up on Catrina working away on his job list.   Whew.....that was a LONG sentence (doubt my English/grammar teaches would approve)?

After I got home, I packed up a few things and drove to Ottawa and after grabbing a-sandwich-to-go from
Crawdad's, we are now settled on Catrina as a storm passes thru with strong winds and heavy rain.   Hope this is happening back home as we need rain badly!

No comments: