Monday - July 30

We exercised this morning while the sun was shining and birds chirping.....much quieter during the week than the weekends around here

.We met Sue from Punta Gorda.    She and husband Matt are traveling up here this summer, but have a condo/boat in FL and found out we have mutual friends, Nick and Judy in Punta Gorda
 
Clouds rolled in late morning...and stayed with us rest of the day!    I enjoyed almost 3 hours of pampering this afternoon.    Since I loved how Emily cut my hair (and the very inexpensive price - $15) 6 weeks ago tomorrow in Newark, I decided to go back to her.    So I drove 24 miles and got a haircut, mani-pedi and enjoyed visiting with Emily again.
 
 Back to Catrina at 5:45, had a glass of wine with Mark on Catrina's bridge and chatted about our afternoon.     Rain was threatening when we went to Olives Greek Taverna so we sat indoors - cute place and very good food (Mark had a pasta dish and I had a gyro and salad).   Rained a little bit but more coming thru Wednesday. 
 
Just before we left for dinner, a group of gals arrived at the bandstand (where Friday night's concert was), came to do Yoga - gee, if I had my mat, I could've joined them!
 
Here are the yoga gals
 
As we were walking back to Catrina after dinner, there were several fire trucks and fire fighters in the parking lot and coming down the steps where Catrina is docked.    We had a great visit with one of the older volunteer fighters and found out that most Monday nights they have a fire drill where they put in a banana boat and practice rescue maneuvers, etc.   
 
 Enjoyed watching them and visiting with one of the older volunteers....did not get a name...
Banana boat 
 
 
The Pittsford Volunteer Fire Department - 80 strong and founded in 1898.
 

No comments: