September 2

Rain, rain and more rain.    We left Muskegon at 7:20 (eastern time) this morning and drove thru rain almost all the way home.  Stopped in Ottawa to pick up our truck, dropped off the rental car in Streator and on home. We emptied out 1.5" from our rain gauge.

Got the washer and dryer going full speed and unpacked.  The family room looks good - fireplace is gone, new drywall is up and ceiling finished.    I got a burst of enegry and started stripping wallpaper in our dinette.   Picked Liam up from school and he was a big helper, too.   We talked about kindergarten and how tthings were going.....I told him I was going to pay him for helping me and he said "Oh NO, you don't need to do that".   And I said: "but you were such a good helper" and he looked at me and said "No Gandma, I'm serious".   I just cracked up!  
Liam working away at getting that paper off!

Anne and Connor came for supper (pizza) and the boys stayed with us while she went to open house at school.   And then the heavens opened up again and another 1.5" of rain fell in a very short time!    Streets flooded, hail in some places, etc.   Connor helped with stripping, too, and was a good "cleaner upper" after we finished!   Big job out of the way....now onto the kitchen!

Grandma will be giving her "helpers" some fun $ for being such good doobies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should have had your little helpers at my house when the painter stripped paper before we painted the bathrooms. He really had a hard time apparently because of the primer put on to prepare the walls for the paper. Have a good weekend!!!!!!! JudyB

Anonymous said...

"I'm serious" -- he gets that from his mother! Anne is always saying, "I'm serious."