Thursday - September 10

Chilly, gloomy, foggy start to the day...   We both drove into town as we had separate appts. with our orthopedic doctors.     Mark went for his back and saw Sandy, Dr. Naour's NP.     She thinks it is related to his incident with "Jack Dempsey", his buddy at Rainbow Trout Ranch resulting in the fracture.    So, an MRI is going to be scheduled.

I was next with Dr. Novotny with my shoulder - more x-rays and then the news that I knew was coming.....most likely a torn rotator cuff.    Since I have hardware in the shoulder, they can't do an MRI and no more cortisone.    Dr. Novotny and Dr. Brazinski from Morganton, NC were definitely on the same page.     So, sometime after Thanksgiving I will have orthoscopic surgery - clean everything out in there and repair the tear which he is pretty sure is what's going on.    Hope to get all that set up tomorrow.    I met with Brandon and was fitted with a sling and attached soft pillow which I will have to wear 4 weeks + therapy.    I can continue the therapy in FL after Christmas.

I came back to Flo with my paperwork and thoughts swirling in the ole brain.    They could've done the surgery sooner, but top priority right now is the eyes and that goes till October 15th and then, FL, so......what's a few more months as this has been going on since February!

Mark got a haircut and came home.    We walked in the park and met a nice couple from PA in their Airstream (brand new - 1 month old).   They asked for suggestions for good places to eat in this area or Bloomington!    Gee....sure miss going out to eat...  😋  And being with friends...😞

Claire, Kathy and I did Zoom - always a treat to catch up with these dear friends, but 40 minutes is never long enough!!!    We do our best to cover as much as possible!!!   😊

Been getting some misty rain off and on - looks like 2 more gloomy days and then the sun comes back on Sunday just in time for Connor's Confirmation.

On the eve of the 19th anniversary of 9/11, I want to share this very thought-provoking, heartbreaking "in preparation for"  which has been on Facebook today - thank you cousin Jane for posting.     


  





No comments: