Monday - August 23

 Hot 'n sunny....Mark went to Coffee Express for some coffees and I made ham/cheese omelets and toast.    Then loaded up all our laundry and off to get that task done.   Mark helped me get set up with all the loads and then ran a bunch of errands.    When he returned, I was finishing up the folding and he did the socks (his job) 😀    Then to Bassetts for some groceries and on home.    Got everything put away, had lunch and then Mark started in on job list.   Yesterday he was able to fix the auto pilot which had been acting up -  thankful he's so handy as that could've been $$.    Today he installed the new shower pump.

Arghhhh, I've had the worst luck getting a mani/pedi here in Port Clinton.    Either they did not do a good job and don't last for 2 weeks or one shop I had gone to just closed abruptly with no explanation, another had no openings till 1st week in October  and today....I had an appt. at 2 with Danielle who I went to a year ago (she's busy so haven't been able to get in this year).    I didn't think they were open on Mondays but whoever I talked to said "yes, what time would you like?"   I said 2:00 and then got a confirmation text.   I went there today - all closed till 9 AM tomrrow?    I was not a happy boater!!!!    What is with this town and espcially BeYOUtiful nails saying they were open today, gave me an appt., sent confirmation and then closed???    Ok, no more on that subject!!!!    In light of all that's going on in our world, this is piddly diddly stuff!!!

Tomorrow is the 53rd anniversary of our engagement.   We always do something special to celebrate - usually a nice dinner out.   Planning a little getaway to Toledo, so...no blog till Wednesday.

A memory from 1 year ago on the 24th.....we had been out west for 10 weeks and our last stop was Iowa City for the weekend to visit Drew.    That Monday we were headed to Pontiac to pick up my new car when Brooke called and said Drew had tested positive!!!    Oh my.....did a contactless pick-up of car with no instructions (we'll read the manual) and then had to cancel a bunch of dr. appts (upcoming cataract surgery) since we had to quarantine for 14 days.   Oh well...it all worked out but seems like only yesterday!

Formula is an expensive brand of go-fast, high quality boats and today this beauty was delivered by this huge oversized trailer from Decatur, IN (manufacturer) along with front and back accompanying cars for oversized loads.   This beauty has four 600-HP engines that each cost $77,000.    Love the rich burgundy color.    Apparently it was brought here to our marina and taken out for a test run before heading to its new home in Florida.

Love this rich burgundy color
Transportation 
Sunset over the Portage River tonight









No comments: