Monday - September 27

 Another fun and final day for me in AZ.....it's been a whirlwind trip, but also relaxing - the time just went waaaay too fast!

We left around 9:45 this morning for Glendale to meet my Sublettian friend, Kay and her hubby Jim.    They live in Chandler so Glendale was kind of 1/2 way for each of us.    Missy and Kay met 7 years ago when I visited here.    Kay chose "Kiss the Cook" (breakfast or lunch) and it was a winner.    We had to wait at least 20 minutes for a table but we all enjoyed our meals (breakfast for Missy and Jim and lunch for Kay and me).    The place closes at 2:30 and by golly, we closed the place down and last car to leave the parking lot.     Whoaaa...so much to talk about and really enjoyed visiting with Jim.    It was a delightful afternoon.

Missy and Pat (Ding)
Kay and Jim
Kay and Pat

Mark would've loved visiting with Jim and share their love of boating and adventures!   Hopefully Jim and Kay will come to FL this winter as Jim's son lives in Plant City which is near my brothers.    Definitely have to get together before another 7 years go by.

Missy and I drove back to Surprise and finally had time to dip our toes in the pool.    Backyard is lovely and very private....beautiful landscaping with pool, hammock and comfy furniture.

Meanwhile back in Bloomington.............Ryan flew in with FedEx and he, Anne and Mark had dinner at Maggie Miley's Irish Pub.

Ryan and Dad
Ryan and Anne

Sorry I missed out on this get together; but of course, really enjoying my time here with Missy.   Can't wait to have all my kiddos together the weekend of October 7-10 in Iowa City.....GO Hawkeyes!!!

Tomorrow....back to Kamp Komfort (Phoenix to Dallas to Bloomington)!   






No comments: